Monday, April 29, 2019

Weekly Margin 2019, W17: Lady in the Dark

4/25/19: Lady in the Dark
What: Master Voices's concert staging of the Weill/Gershwin/Hart musical play about psychoanalysis.
And? This was very good timing for me, as my dad and I are working on final revisions on a paper which covers this show in addition to Man of La Mancha, next to normal, and Anyone Can Whistle. It's a weird show with two really memorable showstoppers toward the end, rendered wonderfully by David Pittu and Victoria Clark. The cast is good, the costumes are sumptuous, and the sound design leaves much to be desired.

Ben Davis, Victoria Clark, and Christopher Innvar as Randy Curtis, Liza
Elliott, and Charley Johnson. Photo by Richard Termine.

Also, and I know this is totally off-brand for this particular blog, but I saw Endgame this weekend and no spoilers, but damn was that a satisfying conclusion to eleven years of MCU.

No comments:

Post a Comment